[Market-farming] broccoli leaves and brussel sprouts

Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland rootsfarm at cwdom.dm
Tue Oct 27 11:20:48 EDT 2009

Also, collard flower shoots before they open are wonderful for
salads...crunchy, mild good flavor.

Collards themselves act like perennials here in tropics.  Old stems
may get really raunchy, but keep putting out new fresh stems that
produce fresh quantities of  leaves.  Haven't seen them bloom here
though, only in MA garden.

Best wishes,

Karen

On Oct 27, 2009, at 11:05 AM, <sunnfarm at netscape.com> <sunnfarm at netscape.com
 > wrote:

> Better tasting than broccoli are brussel sprout tips. When plants
> get tall enough we have to remove the growing point to make the
> sprouts. About 10 tips make a pound. Tips have the thinnest
> tenderest leaves and we just usually toss them... Bob.

Roots Farm
Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs
Cockrane, DOMINICA