[Market-farming] Loss of Soil Carbon After Tilling

Marty Kraft martyk at allspecies.org
Mon Oct 26 10:48:14 EDT 2009

I do not garden at a commercial level although we do sell some of the
produce. I garden at Niles Home for Children in Kansas City, MO. We
have 28, 4X30 foot organic no-till beds. I think that this kind of
gardening is less work if you use lots of straw and mulch a lot to
keep down weeds. Ruth Stout, Masanobu Fukuoka and Findhorn Garden are
an inspiration. Below is a link to a workshop video of Patrice Gros
of Foundation Farm explaining how he farms commercially using no till
methods. I hope this helps.

Marty
http://ia301502.us.archive.org/3/items/No-
Till_Organic_Gardening_Workshop-2007_10_27/No-
Till_Organic_Gardening_Workshop-2007_10_27_2-Gros_512kb.mp4