[Market-farming] onions

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Wed Oct 21 07:06:38 EDT 2009

x2 with what Allan said.

We do not water our onions very much, if at all.  Usually spring and
early summer rains are enough to produce a nice crop.  If you HAVE to
irrigate I would do less rather than more and nothing at all once your
bulbs are harvesting size.  Its really easy to go from just enough
water to rotting conditions.

In 2010 I am experimenting with surface planting and hilling so I can
harvest them using a potato digger.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio