[Market-farming] gibberellic acid, was spinach

DFORD8N at aol.com DFORD8N at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 20:14:43 EDT 2009

OK thanks. I'll track it down and check it out.

In a message dated 10/19/2009 10:31:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sunnfarm at netscape.com writes:

You can buy Progibb.  in quarts for around $65. A  quart treats 4 acres.
Roughly a teaspoon per gallon treats 1000 square feet. I  have not used it on
spinach but I have used it in the greenhouse on flowers to  encourage stem
enlongation... Bob.

I've heard that gibberellic acid is tricky to use, that you can use too
much without too much trying. Is that true, and is it as expensive as I've
heard it is?

Dave
West Virginia

In a message dated 10/15/2009 2:06:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,