[Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?

Owsley lucy boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:07:35 EDT 2009

Try adding some soap to the wash water-I would use something like Dr
Bronner's as it is a true soap and made of all natural ingredients
(and is a great aphid killer). be sure the water is very soft, I add
about 1 cup of distilled vinegar to 30 gallons of water and that
seems to keep the water soft enough so the soap doesn't curdle.

On Oct 15, 2009, at 12:24 PM, jay sleichter wrote:

> I am growing a savoyed type, Long Standing Bloomsdale (only seed I
> could find in bulk, late in the season for this last minute
> experiment.) I am picking it before it crinkles up too much.  Will
> adding anything to the rinse water help loosen their death grip on
> the spinach?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> ---