[Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?

Sue Oberle sue at oberlebotanical.com
Thu Oct 15 12:04:56 EDT 2009

Aphids are absolutely drawn to highly fertilized areas (among other
things). But, as it gets colder, too they're drawn to protected areas
and if you're using a savoyed variety, it provides shelter. If you have
kale, it's probably got aphids too, same reason I believe. That & the
plants still can provide nutritional value. It's basically a late season
bed & breakfast.

Sue
Sue Oberle
*OBERLE BOTANICAL* at *Happy Heart Farm*
Fort Collins, Colorado
970.581.5672
sue at oberlebotanical dot com
http://www.oberlebotanical.com