[Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Thu Oct 15 12:14:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:33:15AM -0700, jay sleichter wrote:
> I was unaware of a private applicators license needed to apply pesticides to spray for market.? I see that one as a hard one to enforce.? I follow all label directions and harvest requirements.? I usually, never, spray anything.

States issue the licenses, so it varies somewhat.  I guess.  In Texas,
a license is required to buy "restricted use" chemicals and then that
license holder is responsible for supervising the use of the chemical.

If you think there is ANY possibility of needing to use a restricted
use chemical, it is a good idea to get your license.  Alternately, you
can identify a licensed neighbor who is willing to buy the chemical for
you and then supervise your use of it.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  670 days  5 hours 08 minutes