[Market-farming] spinach and aphids conflicting methods?

jay sleichter jaysleichter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 11:33:15 EDT 2009

I would like to thank everyone for the ideas.  Now I have conflicting ideas, one says fertilize more, the other says water more to get rid of the fertilizer.  Hmm, which is correct?  Maybe I could fertilize half and water the other half and see what happens?  I don't think I put down any fertilizer before I planted.  I did in the spring before I planted zucchini in this bed. Then they died out ( age and squash bugs) and I clean out the bed and tilled under and let it sit empty for 2 months and then I planted the spinach.

I was unaware of a private applicators license needed to apply pesticides to spray for market.  I see that one as a hard one to enforce.  I follow all label directions and harvest requirements.  I usually, never, spray anything.

Jay