[Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems

Steve Michel michel at wbsnet.org
Tue Oct 13 21:52:49 EDT 2009

Have you tried these?
http://www.flameengineering.com/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Allan
Balliett
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:58 PM
To: Market Farming
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems

Chris This is the flame weeder I'm using. I'll have to tell you, I'm
not impressed with flame weeding as a means of controlling 'just
emerging' weeds. I may be doing something wrong, but it's hard to
imagine what it would be! My unit is two years old and the hood is
rusting out, also. Keeping the orifices clean has been a real
struggle, also. I can't see using the unit without the pressure
regulator and I wouldn't want to use it without the squeeze-valve.
Boy, it do add up in $$s, don't it? -Allan in WV