[Market-farming] parsnips

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Tue Oct 13 14:51:09 EDT 2009

The last two years I haven’t planted them, in very northern New York, until
late July. Not by purpose, but that is what has happened (lost the seeds
this year and finally reordered very late). Last spring when we went to dig
them we had decent sized (not huge, but very usable, some 1 ½” diameter).
Right now the plants are about 18” tall from this year’s very late planting.
Will be interesting to see what they are like come spring.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY

Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com <http://rhomestead.com/>

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe

  _____