[Market-farming] Horseradish

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Tue Oct 13 09:52:12 EDT 2009

I have never sold Horseradish and I am curious what people charge as
well.  We have a second year plot.

Lucy, last year we waited till after our first frost and then
harvested.  Our roots were small compared to this year.  I dug up a
single sample and had roots that we let sit for two seasons and saw
500% growth development (by weight).  Any smaller roots, shoots, and
tendrils had excellent development the following year.

Our sale of herbs to restaurants has dramatically increased.  We sell
our herbs for a dollar an ounce and thus 16.00 a pound.  Not too sure
if I would sell horseradish for the same. Next year we will be
investing more in such crops.

I hope you weathered that last batch of rain well and temps don't dip
too low the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm