[Market-farming] good conference for small growers

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 12:27:23 EDT 2009

Barb we do the St Joe Missouri conference and this coming years line up
looks very intresting to say the least.  Sessions include: Beginning  Grower,
Vegetable production, Pest Management, High tunnel Production, all day
Saturday Cut Flower Track, small fruit, Farmer Markets, Organic Production,
Marketing, and plus the trade show which is a good time to get some show
specials on a lot of products.  Also no Jan 7 they have  a all day  session on
high tunnel in one room , and a all day session on CSA conducted by E
Henderson again , and a new session on Pricing & Profits workshop so it  really
sounds like three days of plenty to do.  We have gone to this  conference for
many years and have never been disappointed on what you can learn  from all
the other growers that come to this market, everyone is friendly and  love to
share with other growers.  The room rates are very reasonable, I  haven't
seen them yet but usually $69 for double occ.at the Ramida Inn

Phil from Iowa