[Market-farming] Coleman's Quick Hoops

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:09:56 EDT 2009

Check out this recent article by Coleman in Mother earth News.
At the end, Mother has plans for a homeade bender that looks fairly simple
to make.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/Low-Tunnels-Quick-Hoops.aspx

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:50:19 -0400
From: Allan Balliett <aballiett at frontiernet.net>

>Johnnys is now marketing a bender to make Coleman-style hoops for
'quick hoop' houses for over wintering product.
>$70 for the bender.
>I'm wondering if there is a cheaper or better solution for lite hoops
like this?

>Quick Hoops Bender 6' diameter

>New! Hoophouse style protection at 1/20th the cost.
Extend the growing season for cold-hardy crops with a very late
season harvest or overwinter them for earliest possible Spring
>harvest. Quickly creates low tunnel hoops out of galvanized
electrical conduit (EMT) to withstand brutal fall winds and heavy
winter snow loads. 1/2" conduit is recommended for most applications,
>and can be purchased at your local home improvement store or
electrical supply house for about $2

--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book