[Market-farming] Wintery market

Owsley lucy boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 11 07:28:52 EDT 2009

Ain't selling in snow fun? I have done outdoor winter markets for the
past 5 years and have sold in heavy snow, ice storms and just plain
frigid conditions. I now will not attend such markets if it is under
20F as I have lost way too many taters and squash to freezing. greens
are okay because I can keep them in coolers but the taters and squash
we always have too much to put in coolers (unless I want to buy
another 10 huge coolers to use 2 or 3 times a year).

Last year I literally had cold hard cash as it was icing at a market
with a stiff north wind and the cash drawer filled with ice and froze
the $20's solid.

Good Times.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm