[Market-farming] Wintery market

BillOhio billohio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:03:55 EDT 2009

HOLY COW, Phil! That sounds like a whole new set of challenges and
opportunities. We've never been as drowned as we've gotten golfing or at the
market, and we've had days where we huddled around a stove in a box trailer
eating beans and waiting for customers, but I've never been in a snowstorm.
It's interesting that the customers kept coming regardless--over here a day
that looks like rain is generally noticeably slower for sales.

We had the last few bushels of tomatoes for the year at the market today and
some baby lettuce along with lots of peppers and some eggplant that hadn't
given up the ghost just yet. All in all, it was a good day. Our market plans
to go through the 31st but with the cold weather we're already having, that
seems optimistic.

Bill Huhman
central Ohio
twitter: FarmerBillOhio