[Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Thu Oct 8 00:43:18 EDT 2009

Regards to the list:

Phil, I wish you would teach a class in lettuce growing at the Great Plains
Vegetable Conference. My lettuce sucks.

Marie in Missiouri

The lettuce is in bags,no direct connection to the lettuce, and I always
keep the chard in the melted water from the ice.  Never had any lettuce look
soft or mushey from using ice this way.  Me do around 60# a week all summer
and have never had a compliant all we have are lines to people to buy our
lettuce until we are sold out every week.  Customers tell us they are able
to get 10 days shelf life from our lettuce, so something must be working.

Phil