[Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Wed Oct 7 20:57:58 EDT 2009

Chris This is the flame weeder I'm using. I'll have to tell you, I'm
not impressed with flame weeding as a means of controlling 'just
emerging' weeds. I may be doing something wrong, but it's hard to
imagine what it would be! My unit is two years old and the hood is
rusting out, also. Keeping the orifices clean has been a real
struggle, also. I can't see using the unit without the pressure
regulator and I wouldn't want to use it without the squeeze-valve.
Boy, it do add up in $$s, don't it? -Allan in WV