[Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Tue Oct 6 07:54:47 EDT 2009

We dunk ours in cold spring water.  Right around 49F.  Then place in a
cooler.  Most of it we sell to restaurants.  If we sell at market we
sell by weight and simply pull it fresh, with the root out of the
cooler and weigh it.  Dunked in chilled water and with the tap root
lettuce lasts a while if kept in a cooler, and up to two weeks for a
customer once they rinse and spin and store.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855