[Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

DFORD8N at aol.com DFORD8N at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 04:56:47 EDT 2009

Phil--

How do you keep your mix from wilting? Do you have it covered, or on a bed
of ice?

--Tom

In a message dated 9/29/2009 1:05:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
SaladG at aol.com writes:

Yes:  In Iowa you are not allowed to package any product unless you  have a
food processing license issued by the State Health dept.   If  you want to
package, do not close the package.  You can put it in a bag  but leave the
top open and you are legal, but if you put a twisty on it is not  legal.

We put our mixes in a large basket and hand package and weigh with the
customer waiting then tie the top of the bag at that time and this is legal,
but prepackaging is not.

Do you do the Des Moines Court Street Market?

Phil

Market-farming  mailing  list
Market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org