[Market-farming] For Those Of You In Ohio - Issue 2

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Mon Oct 5 09:25:45 EDT 2009

We are going to making it clear that we, as a farm are decidedly
against Issue 2 for two reasons.

A) No one knows exactly what happens if the issue passes.  Its
certainly a pro Big-Ag.
B) Fear of POSSIBLE future laws is not a reason to burden a State
Constitution.

OSU Extension did a more balanced piece then the propaganda we have
been seeing out of the FB. http://ohioagmanager.osu.edu/news/
index.php  It still appears to be a little heavy in weighing in on
"COULD BEs" rather than what is.

At the Farm Science Review they were handing out a massive amount of
literature and signage and I wonder who is footing the bill for this.

We encourage other small growers to do the same.  We need less rules
here in Ohio not more.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio