[Market-farming] Planting methods for Salad mix

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Mon Oct 5 09:20:21 EDT 2009

Bill we sell our thinnings.   Most upscale restaurants pay big bucks
for 'em.  We thin after the first true leafs set.  Figure right around
5.00 to 15.00 a pound depending on where you are located and who you
sell it to.

As we thin we have a clean 5 gal food bucket with spring water in it
and they simply get tossed in washed and then washed quickly a second
time.  Nothing fancy.  They get cleaned almost completely the first
bucket.  We do not spin or anything simply pile and bag and drop off
with the rest of the order.

Richard Stewart
rstewart at zoomtown.com