[Market-farming] Introducing a new member

jeaniem at brightflowernursery.com jeaniem at brightflowernursery.com
Tue Nov 24 19:36:12 EST 2009

Hello all,
I learned about market-farming from Bill Shoemaker today.  I grow cut
flowers and herb and vegetable plants in NW Illinois.  I am currently
working on a SARE grant to replace the gravel floor of my hoop house
with top soil.  I also am exploring piping hot air into the soil to
further increase my growing season.  I would enjoy sharing with high
tunnel growers who grow in zone 4.  I am considering growing flowers in
spring summer and greens and root vegetables in fall and winter.  I have
done well with flowers in crates but the potting soil is exorbitant and
it is difficult to efficiently use the space.  thanks,
Jeanie McKewan
Brightflower Nursery