[Market-farming] High Tunnel Winter Growing

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Tue Nov 24 08:30:09 EST 2009

I'm not Hattie, but Paul and I seed some crops throughout the winter.
They take longer to germinate and longer to grow.  For instance, mesclun
that is ready in 17 days in the late spring/summer/early fall may take
35 days or more in winter, depending on how many sunny days we get.
However, it does germinate and grow.  The soil stays in the high
40's/low 50's depending on where in the tunnel it is (the middle rows
are warmer than the outside ones), and that is fine for the cool weather
crops we grow.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm, SC KY