[Market-farming] High Tunnel Winter Growing

DFORD8N at aol.com DFORD8N at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 17:54:10 EST 2009

Hattie--

Do you seed in the high tunnels during the winter, or do you transplant
from plugs? I've been transplanting but I'd sure like to direct seed --
especially stuff like spinach -- if I could get away with it, but I'm thinking
that the soil is too cold for germination, no matter what you do to try to
warm  it up. If you can get it up around 60 or 65 during the day, you're still
going  to lose a lot of that at night, aren't you?

--Dave in West Virginia

In a message dated 11/23/2009 2:33:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,