[Market-farming] Tell us about the cukes!

Alliums garlicgrower at green-logic.com
Sun Nov 22 13:27:47 EST 2009

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for the info and the link to your website.  The community garden
where Jihong and I gardened closed, so we are looking to make the jump from
"non-profit, feed the world" to "for-profit (really!), small business"
agriculture.

I completely agree with your "start with cool weather crops and then go from
there" advice.  Jihong has Chinese stores begging her for authentic produce,
but as business people, we have to be able to cost out what really will make
us a profit vs simply what we have enjoyed growing in the past. It's a leap,
but I appreciate the advice and we probably will keep "growing cukes for the
Chinese New Year" as a long-term goal just to keep us stretching! ;-)

Dorene in Southeastern PA