[Market-farming] Pricing of spinach now

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Fri Nov 20 08:10:48 EST 2009

Unless I use additional infrastructure to grow the product I never
change product prices.

I'll argue that customer loyalty is better without changing price to
reflect spikes in whatever you are growing be it for a restaurant or
market consumer.

If you are growing it in something that requires additional
infrastructure, such as hoop house or low tunnel and you are truly
growing out of season than I think its acceptable to charge more.

Of course not everything thinks this way and that's OK too.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855