[Market-farming] Biochar Conference & Question

juliew026 at netscape.net juliew026 at netscape.net
Sun Nov 8 18:49:43 EST 2009

Here are three important links on the topic of Biochar

I have only started using biochar in my farming efforts but have seen it do wonders on a friend's farm

http://www.nsm.umass.edu/biochar09/       (this is next weekend)

 http://www.carbon-negative.us/Books.htm
http://www.newenglandbiochar.org/Home.html

There are also two very active yahoo groups one  on Biochar itself and a group called Woodgas which focuses on the uses of the Biochar forming pyrolysis byproduct of syngas in internal combustion engines

it is very worth your time to check this topic out
 I see a future where it is possible to heat your greenhouses year round using the waste heat from pyrolysis....heat your home from the syngas while making a soil amenity product (Biochar) that if used properly will double your production rate.....and be carbon neutral in the production of the biochar and use of the syngas, but more importantly when the biochar in put into the earth where it will remain for perhaps many hundreds of years it is then carbon negative worthy of carbon credits....ka-ching  ka-ching to the farmers bank

  Julie Winslow
 Cape Coastal Farm Products
 Orleans, Ma