[Market-farming] Biochar Conference & Question

Marty Kraft martyk at allspecies.org
Sun Nov 8 17:25:08 EST 2009

If anyone has made or used biochar or terra prita i would like to
know what your experience was.

Also there is an online conference which someone might be interested
at this link. http://www.bioeconomyconference.org/  The two speckers
i'm interested in are shown below.

Plenary Session Speakers

James E. Lovelock, Ph.D.
Dr. Lovelock is one of the world’s most renowned thinkers on global
environmental science. He has called upon farmers to convert
agricultural residues to biochar for incorporation into the soil as
the only solution to global climate change.

Johannes Lehmann, Ph.D.
Dr. Lehmann is associate professor of soil fertility management and
soil biogeochemistry at Cornell University and co-author of Biochar
for Environmental Management: Science and Technology. He will discuss
the combined benefit of biochar for carbon sequestration and improved
soil fertility.