[Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Fri Nov 6 12:47:42 EST 2009

We seeded our fall cole crops on May 25th, and transplanted  July 1.  First harvest on fall broccoli was Sept. 1.  First harvest on fall cauliflower was Oct. 2.  Novaria cauliflower makes a big, beautiful snowy white head, and we have just started harvesting it.  First harvest on Brussels Sprouts was Oct. 24.

We're down to picking side shoots on our broccoli. I wish I had planted more, or a much later variety to stretch out the season a little better.

Carla
Perkins, OK.