[Market-farming] Pie Pumpkins and "yams"

Wyatt Jones wyatt_jones at netzero.com
Wed Nov 4 13:49:51 EST 2009

I don't know for sure but that was my impression.  There are many pacific Islanders in California and from what I understand they grow true yams there ( the pacific islands) and I was told by some of them, Samoans, Tahitians, Guamese, etc that the ones I'm referring to were actually true Yams but who knows I guess.  Some things don't grow as big here as they do other places and tubers can vary quite a bit in size so size isn't always a  good judge of things.  Its also possible they deliberately try to grow them smaller so they can be marketed.  I do remember the ones called "Yams" were a different shape, though similar.  The tended to be longer and pointier.  Like I said, its hard to tell what is what sometimes because of all the misinformation out there but they were definitely different than normal sweet potatoes.
Instant Medical Insurance
Get fast, free medical insurance quotes online now in 2 minutes.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=1I1BC0q3ZEvqA89noME-XAAAJ1FIpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAQAAAAFAAAAADTqGD8AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABJQNAAAAAA=