[Market-farming] Organic Certifcation Field History

breck bcarden at breckinridgegroup.com
Tue Nov 3 12:56:53 EST 2009

Hey there Jon,
Do you retail any of your seed?
I'd be interested in discussing.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden
Carden's Garden
2400 E Hwy 22
Crestwood, KY 40014-7704
(502) 905-8066
breck at breckcarden.com
www.breckcarden.com

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Jon H
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:03 AM
To: market-farming at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organic Certifcation Field History

We are able to get multiple isolations on such small acreage with
certain crops but not others. Things that primarily thought not
exclusively self-pollinate are usually good at around 150 ft
isolation, things like this include tomatoes and beans. Things that
are insect and wind pollinated we either grow only one variety a year
or if possible, isolate them in time, like planting an early corn in
black plastic and planting a late corn at a late planting date.
Planting in our greenhouse with screening over the windows gives us
another insect pollinator isolation (this only works with
self-pollinators, something like cucurbits would have trouble.)
~Jon in Central VA