[Market-farming] Buying a New Fridge

Owsley lucy boulderbelt at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:59:22 EDT 2009

If this is for your farm produce spend the big bucks and get a
commercial model.

I bought a new home fridge 2 years ago and was informed that I would
likely be replacing it in 5 to 7 years (though the sales rep said I
might get 10 years out of it as it has no freezer and it is the
freezer that usually goes out). I was surprised as this fridge was
replacing one that was something like 28 years old. the sales rep
said they do not make appliances to last much more than 5 to 7 years
any longer-planned obsolescence and all.

A commercial fridge will last 20+ years

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH