[Market-farming] Adding a new Market day during the week

Jim and Julie Vaughn jvaughn at rockygladefarm.com
Sun Jun 21 13:57:05 EDT 2009

We've been a part of in-season add-on markets that didn't have great support
from the vendors.  We'd have a couple of weeks decent customer support with
a disappointment over the market being smaller mid week than Saturday and
then they would wait and come to Saturday market when everyone was there.

Adding a day is much easier in the off season if you accurately gauge vendor
support.  Your vendors can also use a mid week as a CSA drop-off to bring in
more customers- and as way to balance labor/harvest balance.

However, we didn't have an attraction like the band concert you mentioned to
have a flow of instant customers.

Hope this helps
Jim

Jim, Julie, Dylem and Caleb Vaughn