[Market-farming] tillage tools - hydro

John Ferree john at seldomseenfarm.com
Fri Jun 19 11:50:55 EDT 2009

What can't you do with a hydro?  I'm looking at another, more flexible
tracotor. . . see the need for a hydro, but also need a higher hp
tractor for larger implements.  Fear I will burn up the pump w/ heavier
tillage tools.  Certainly a chisel is out of the question, but what
else?  I should have bought a larger HP gear drive tractor to begin
with, then a smaller, 40 hp hydro for transplanting/cultivating/etc.
But hindsight is 20-20.  Maybe I can get by with a new creeper gear in
an old tractor.
John