[Market-farming] Making plans for this fall and early winter

Lynn Wigglesworth lynnw1366 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:28:34 EDT 2009

Jay; where do you sell in the late fall? All the farm stands and farmers' markets here close down by the end of October. I have a large greenhouse and can often keep tomatoes going until Thanksgiving, and greens most of the winter, but have nowhere to sell them. I've found that you have to have greens already growing when the shorter days come; they don't grow much more, but 'hold' well until harvested.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA (zone 4/5)