[Market-farming] restaurant pricing for greens, lettuce

deberryemail-website at yahoo.com deberryemail-website at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 10:19:38 EDT 2009

Our kale is going full force in the fields but slowing down at the market.  A restaurant asked about buying our kale.  We have no idea what to charge - at the market we get $4 for a full-to-the-brim gallon bag of mixed young kale (biggest leaves are about 6" long).

Also, what are restaurants paying for Swiss chard, mixed lettuce and Romaine lettuce?

Thanks for your help!  I love this list.

C. DeBerry
DeBerry Farm Fresh Produce
www.DeBerryFarm.com