[Market-farming] tillage tools

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 08:47:00 EDT 2009

I have a good friend that has on of those China tractors and it is a night
mare getting parts for it, so be careful if you go that way.  I have a
TC45DA New Holland and a TC 25 both hydrostat and have had excellent service
out  of both of them.  Down the road you may want to do plastic mulch and a
mulch lifter takes quite a bit of HP to make it work right, so don't get to
small a tractor.  The hydrostat is very necessary if you ever get a
transplanter, we use some 4" spacing with our water wheel transplanter and you
have to drive extremely slow to get this done.  We went from gear drive
tractors to hydro's.

Phil from wet western Iowa