[Market-farming] blossom end rot

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Thu Jun 18 17:26:51 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 03:30:18PM -0500, Marie Kamphefner wrote:
> I can't find the post now. What is the common household stuff somebody said
> to put around the tomato plants to stop blossom end rot?

Usually/typically blossom end rot is a result of calcium deficiency.
It is aggravated by cool temperatures.  Planting with a source of
calcium, such as bone meal, will help a lot.  If you failed to take
preventative measures before fruit set, you just have to wait it out;
later production is likely to be OK.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  551 days 10 hours 21 minutes