[Market-farming] Lettuce

cjmaness at juno.com cjmaness at juno.com
Mon Jun 15 08:40:56 EDT 2009

I grew Nevada and Cherokee this spring. They were two of the prettiest lettuces I grew, especially Cherokee. If you have a market for Red Lettuce this is a good one. We picked the last of the spring lettuce last week. Everything else had bolted, or was bitter, but not the Summer Crisp. I could kick myself for not putting more of it in. I too am going to seed more this week and see how it will do.
We have storms today, and then a week of 100 degree weather coming up. I'm not looking forward to that.
Carla
Perkins, OK