[Market-farming] Tomato Research

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 14:23:31 EDT 2009

Marty last year we spaced our tomato's at 12" apart which I felt was too
close.  Used the Florida weave and used black plastic mulch for ground
cover.  I had fertilized the area very heavy in the previous fall so the  humus
in the soil was extremely rich.   The yield when the season was  over
averaged 19# per plant.  There were 30 different variety's in this row  so knowing
which one did what I didn't keep track of.  We have gone from  doing 10
acres of gardens to one acre, our net income has increased two  fold.  We have
gone to doing hard to grow thing like spinach to containers  and get results
almost all summer because we can move thing around to cooler  spots when it
really get hot here in the great plains.  The wonder of shade  tree's.
**************Dell Deals: Don’t miss huge summer savings on popular laptops
starting at $449.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221770187x1201425153/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215566131%3B37864407%3B
i)