[Market-farming] Pasture chicken run and racoons

Robin Follette list at seasonseatingsfarm.com
Tue Jun 9 14:32:11 EDT 2009

Another vote for farm dogs.  I have two farmcollies and will be looking for a pup in the near future.  They keep coons, coyotes, hawks, crows and small pests under control.  My dogs are a mother/son team.  The female would rather work livestock and take care of ground pests.  The male is obsessed with the sky.  He's always looking up for birds.  We no longer lose chickens, ducks and turkeys to predators.

http://www.farmcollie.com/

Robin Follette
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge, Maine

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe