[Market-farming] Pasture chicken run and racoons

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Tue Jun 9 11:38:47 EDT 2009

We got a cheap electric fence charger, screwed electric fence insulators to
the bottom of the frame about 3 inches (above mowing height) and ran a
strand of electric fence wire around the outside, maybe 3 inches off the
ground and 3 to 4 inches out from the frame.  This was with our first Andy
Lee type chicken tractor - not a design I recommend. Now we have Premier
electric netting. They make a short 82 foot length, and in 24 and 30"
heights that are convenient and "step overable".

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY

Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com <http://rhomestead.com/>

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe

  _____