[Market-farming] New potatoes in the rain

clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com clearviewfarm at bluefrog.com
Mon Jun 8 08:46:02 EDT 2009

How thick does the mulch need to be over the plants, Pat?  I have some old round hay bales I thought I would try, in spite of any potential weed seeds imparted from them.  Unlike you early birds, my spuds planted on 5/23-24 are just emerging.  Do you think I will hurt the plants, if I roll hay on top of them as they are just coming out of the ground?  I formed small hills at planting with my hilling discs.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522
Z6, too!