[Market-farming] Hilling Early Potatoes Late

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Sun Jun 7 22:01:35 EDT 2009

>My point is I would try to hill them up, at least you will get more
>soil coverage and then forget about mulching.  Maybe dig earlier.  I
>am digging the potatoes that I hilled 3-4 weeks ago.
>
>Jay

Jay - So hilling an early potato like yukon gold that late pays off
in yield? Frankly, I'm giving upl on seeing friable soil for hilling
this year. Two days of no rain and temps in the 80's and plenty of
sunshine and my soil was pretty much pudding all day today. (someone
tell me: does basil hate too much water? ) Thanks --Allan in WV