[Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 73, Issue 26

nffrancisc at aol.com nffrancisc at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 20:00:25 EST 2009

 Glyphosate won't? kill bermuda,torpedo, or goose grass much past the first or second nodes.? If you really want to be rid of it use fluazifop.? Even then it might take two applications.? Is selective for grasses does not get picked up by most dicots (how ever some are quite sensitive like peanut)

 http://tncinvasives.ucdavis.edu/products/handbook/12.Fluazifop.pdf

 http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/dienochlor-glyphosate/fluazifop-p-butyl-ext.html
HTH
Nick

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:47:09 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Maybe you could hire a bug for the quackgrass. Or try the glyphosphate idea,
and plant with red clover afterwords. This is interesting, I'll poke around if I
get more time.

>http://www.cogongrass.org/control.cfm
>
>http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ent/biocontrol/weedfeeders/wdfdrintro.html

Yes, it is interesting.  Thanks!

I'll poke around when I have more time too.  :)  I'm engaged in a 'Grand
Tidying/Straightening/Cleaning Everything In The Entire House' project.
This project *will* be finished by March 1 (when seed starting begins here
- we have very late spring frosts).  Then I'll have a bit more time.

Cheers,
Pat