[Market-farming] "new" vehicle

breck bcarden at breckinridgegroup.com
Sun Feb 22 08:26:22 EST 2009

Beth, like you, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a larger vehicle for
deliveries. My Mazda Protégé passed away and I replaced it with a Toyota
Sienna mini-van. It should hold a lot of produce and is large enough to add
a trailer if need be. I paid about $11K in 08’ for a 06’ with 35K miles;
this was before the huge reduction in new car pricing. I would consider a
new Kia mini-van in today’s market. Mini-vans have better storage capacity
compared to SUVs’ If you are not worried about a lack of AC on your produce
and don’t need a back seat then a small pickup might work well. There
appears to be great deals on new Ford Rangers available. With the deeply
discounted prices and 0% or near 0% financing the new vehicles are very
appealing.

Good luck,

Farmer Breck

Crestwood, KY 40014-7704