[Market-farming] Quack Grass

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Thu Feb 19 12:40:38 EST 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:07:18 -0500, you wrote:

>Once a week for the past two months I have been digging quack grass roots
>out of my green house but this weed just keeps coming back. Can anyone tell
>me how to get rid of quack grass.

Sigh.  It's not easy.  It is terrible stuff.  We have it too.  It's part of
the reason (not the whole reason, but a good part of it) why I'm gardening
mostly in Self-Watering Containers now.

I suppose Roundup would work if I could bring myself to use it.  Our place
is only about 50 feet from a creek and we're uphill from the creek.  I
don't know what Roundup would do to the life in the creek.  I don't think
it would help it, however.

Pat
--
In Pennsylvania's Northern Tier, northeastern USA.
Website: www.meadows.pair.com/articleindex.html

What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide
what kind of difference you want to make. - Jane Goodall