[Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Tue Feb 17 12:24:34 EST 2009

________________________________

From: market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of jay
sleichter
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:10 AM
To: Market Farming
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels

Thanks for the info. How tall did your peppers get?  I am planning on
using cages and a florida weave system.

Either/or should work.  Ours get well over 4 feet and I've heard of
greenhouse peppers getting much taller.  Even at 4 feet, they fall over
if not supported.

What varieties/types did you grow?   King Arthur - a nice large bell -
has been our best producer so far

I also noticed that you work at a school by your email address.  What do
you do at a school.   I am a middle school math teacher, that is why I
asked.

Network Admin in a rural school system.

Thanks,

Jay