[Market-farming] Seedless Watermelon

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sun Feb 15 17:51:52 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 03:21:16PM -0700, Kelly Saxer wrote:

> I'm going to try seedless watermelon for the first time on my farm this Summer.  Is is necessary to purchase the "companion" pollinator seed that is sold with the seedless watermelon seed or can I just grow a seeded-type watermelon next to the seedless watermelon....will that provide the necessary pollination?  Any advise would be appreciated.

I've never had any trouble using "just any" pollinator.  Just make sure
you choose one that has a very different appearance.  I like to use
"Desert King" mainly because it is so resistant to sun burn and is
solid light green.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  428 days 11 hours 46 minutes