[Market-farming] potato seed, source & disease

Jim Goodman jim at horizonmalawi.org
Sun Feb 15 00:52:34 EST 2009

We use True Potato Seed (TPS) grown in trays just like tomatoes and then planted out, the progeny of which is then our seed for the ware crop. There are limited varieties available however, and it is a two stage process, but if your process is sterile it produces very clean seed. We us Hygrotech "Mari"....

By the way, could someone tell us what a CSA is......I guess its some kind of consumer group...we would like to try something like this in our local city ....sorry, we're new!

Jim

Malawi.